Birthday is a special day that happens every year as time goes by. As birthday comes, we get excited through it and when the day comes, it becomes the happiest day for most of the people. It may be a common event to all of us but generally, the memories that brought to us will last a lifetime.
Talking about my birthday- It was the best birthday event that I had for the past 16 years of celebrating. I enjoyed every second that I have on the day of my life even though there was no party games nor kids that surround me. We just ate at some restaurants that I like together with my family.
Also, A lot of you noticed my birthday cake. Yes, I made it by myself which was the essential thing that dominates my birthday. It was the second time that I made my birthday cake. The first one was the Matcha Cake then the second, which I made on my birthday this year, is a Nutella Birthday Cake. So let me share with you my recipe for making my birthday cake.
P.S: I want to thank all people who greeted me as I celebrate my special day! Couldn’t have done that day without you guys!
For The Vanilla Birthday Cake:
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1¾ cup of granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of assorted sprinkles
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, Grease two 9″ cake pan then set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, Mix together the flour, salt, assorted sprinkles , baking powder then set it aside.
3. In an another large bowl, Beat in the butter until it is creamy
4. Add in the sugar in the butter mixture then mix it until it is well-incorporated
5. Add in the eggs one at a time into the butter mixture until it is all mixed up.
6. Add in the vanilla extract into the butter mixture then mix it until it is well-incorporated.
7. Mix in half of the dry mixture into the butter mixture followed by half of the buttermilk then cycle repeat until everything is well-incorporated.
8. Fold in the assorted sprinkles into the mixture until it is all covered up.
9. Using a measuring cup, scoop the mixture into the cake pan equally until the mixture is empty and are put in the pans.
10. Bake the cake in the oven for 30~35 minutes
11. After the cake is baked, Let it cool for 20~40 minutes until it is no longer hot outside.
For the Filling:
1 cup of Nutella
8 oz of creamcheese, softened
½ cup of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl with a mixer, beat in the creamcheese until it is fluffy.
2. Add in the icing sugar then mix it until it is all mixed up.
3. Seperate ¼ of the filling mixture (for the Vanilla Creamcheese filling) in a small bowl then add in the vanilla extract then mix it until it is mixed up.
4. For the rest of the filling mixture, Add in the nutella then mix it until it is combined.
5. Filling is ready to be use. (but for the cream cheese filling place it in the pipping bag fit in with a large star tip)
For the Vanilla Macarons check out my Vanilla Macaron Recipe
For the Red Flares:
1. Melt in half a cup of red candy melts in a double-boiler until it is all melt up.
2. On a tray lined with parachment or wax paper, Spoon in a teaspoon of the melted candy melts onto the paper.
3. Using a small spoon, Press the spooned mixture then using the spoon swipe the mixture upward touching the paper.
4. Do that to the rest of the mixture.
5. Freeze it for a minute until it sets then remove them to the paper.
1. Before the assembly, Spoon a little frosting (any) on the cake board as an adhesive for the cake not to fall out.
2. Place the first layer of the cake and fill the top with an amount of frosting and spread it all around until it is all covered (if there is an excess just spread it on the sides of the cake)
3. Place the second later of the cake and fill it again with an amount of frosting and spread it all around until it is all covered
4. If there are excess frosting to be scraped, just spread it to the sides of the cake.
5. Place the cake in the fridge for 30 minutes for the crumb-coating
6. After the cake is refrigerated, Use an amount of frosting to the sides and spread it until it is all covered up then use a scraper to smooth out the sides for a presentable look
7. Pipe out some creamcheese filling at the top of the frosted cake then place in the macarons after it is piped.
8. Surrond the cake with red flares by placing the flares at the side of the cake until it is all covered.
9. Refrigerate the cake to set for an hour
10. After an hour, It is ready to be sliced and served.