Cakes are way to big and costy! Sometimes they are also inexhaustible because of the size that can result as a leftover then later on it is no longer to eat, no matter how big or small it is. So why not try something different? Smaller than what we expected? Well! Madeleines are the solution. Rich flavored spongy cakes that are inch in size with a shell-liked shaped topped with icing sugars or covered with flavored chocolates. These cakes are the best thing to snack on so here is my own twist of my Green Tea Madeleines Recipe.
Ingredients (Makes 24 1″ Madeleines)
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon green tea powder (Matcha Powder)
2 tbsp of milk
Pinch of salt
60g of white chocolate
1 teaspoon of Matcha Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C then grease and dust some flour to the madeleines pan then set it aside
1. Melt the butter in a microwave or in a saucepan then set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, Add in the flour baking powder, salt, green tea powder and sugar then mix it until it is well-combined
3. In a seperate large bowl, Add in the eggs and milk then whisk it until everything is well–incorporated
4. Put the wet mixture into the dry mixture then fold it until combined
5. Add in the melted butter then mix until combined
6. Refrigerate the mixture for an hour until it set.
7. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture then place it to the pan
8. Bake the Madeleines for 8~10 minutes.
9. Let the MAdeleines cooldown then remove it off from the pan.
10. Melt some white chocolates in a double boiler or in a microwave.
11. when melted, Add in the green tea powder (from Matcha Coated Recipe) then mix until combined.
12. Place a little amount of mixture into each madeleines mould in the pan
13. Place the madeleines in each moulds then press it to spread the chocolate.
14. Refrigerate the covered madeleines for atleast 3~5 minutes
15. Use a toothpick to remove all the covered madeleines from the pan
16. Better serve at room temperature, Refrigerating the madeleines will moisten the cake
17. Madeleines are ready to serve!