Ever wondered decorating a donut with something simple and kawaii? Well these decorative donuts are the answers to your problem! Pokemon Donuts are a trend since I started watching Rachel’s baking video about Mini Pokemon Donuts Recipe, where in I looped the video a lot of times, where in she created different Pokemon donuts such as Snorlax, Bulbasaur, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and so much more! Feel free to check out her Mini Pokemon Donut video down below!
Honestly, I applied her techniques in the making of my Pokemon Donuts.It may be a challenge for me since I never made a single donut in my life. This was my first time making them which made me a little nervous but overall the results were totally worth it. Well! I just made two Pokemon donuts, which were Poliwag and Pikachu. I was trying to make a Snorlax or Clefairy but suddenly I didn’t realize that I have insufficient ingredients left to decorate so I just glazed them with the color that was desired for it (Pink and Black). Even though I didn’t make the other two Pokemon character. I am still happy since the result of the two were totally realistic (maybe my Pikachu doesn’t have an ear but still for me it looks like it!). So let me share my recipe of making these kawaii Pokemon Donuts.
Donut Recipe (Makes about 2 dozen mini donuts):
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups flour
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup milk
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
3. Mix in vanilla.
4. In a large bowl, Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Alternate adding dry mixture and milk to egg mixture, starting and ending with the dry mixture
6. Scoop batter into a pastry or Ziploc bag, and pipe the donuts into a donut pan then bake these donuts for 10~12 minutes until the toothpick comes of clean.
7. Remove the donuts from the pan.
Decorations: (this is my own recipe of decorations)
1 cup of icing sugar
4 tbsp of milk
Blue and Yellow Food Coloring (for Pikachu and Poliwag’s face)
1. In a small bowl, mix together icing sugar and milk
2. Divide the icing into two then color blue to one bowl and yellow to another bowl.
1) Melt some pink, balck and white candy melts
2) Dip the donuts from the icings (depending on your choice from the two)
3) For Pikachu: Use a toothpick to make the eyes and the mouth by dipping the toothpick with a generous of black chocolate. Pink chocolates for the cheeks of Pikachu and white chocolate for the eyes to look more realistic
4) For Poliwag: Use a toothpick to make the eyes and the mouth by dipping the toothpick with a generous of black chocolate. Pink chocolate for the mouth. Place a candy melt button from the hole of a donut then make a swirl type using a black chocolate on the placed candy button.