It’s been days since my graduation day, I still can’t get over the fact that I’ll be leaving the University of Santo Tomas with pride and honor. Somehow I am hoping that I will do better for my college as I chose the course that I want for my future. Nevertheless, I am here smiling as I achieved a lot of things as I went on to my UST journey. I never thought that I’ve improved a lot as the challenges that the University gave me has challenged me which I believe I succeeded.
Again, I have to say that “I finally survived Senior High School!”
Here’s my appreciation post to all the people who cared for and motivated me through my journey, Feel free to read it if you are interested:
First of all, I want to thank my professors and our principal for making me all the way on this amazing journey. Senior High School was definitely a roller-coaster ride for me- typically just like a suspended style one as we were filled with numerous projects and works to accomplished on but then “WE MADE IT!”. I never thought of being one of the graduates of this curriculum as we were once called “The Experimental Rats” because we are the first batch of this new curriculum and I have to say, I am proud of myself for becoming one of the participants of this amazing ride.
Also, I want to thank my parents (especially my #1 supportive mom and brother), friends, fellow EXO-Ls and fellow ONCEs for supporting me all the way up here! You guy are the best! Honestly, You guys just made my dreams come true. Although I may not be pursuing the strand course that I got in the university but I believe this is the right decision for me as I pursue the course that I want in the future. I will never forget you guys for pushing me all the way up here! You guys really survived my K-pop World and I will always stand for it!
Lastly, This will not happen without my inspirations- Being a TWICE and EXO avid fan and other K-pop groups. Honestly, I am a multi-fandom but these highlighted groups are really my bias groups from the start of my Kpop world-life. Being a TWIXO/ ONCEXO-L (a combination of TWICE and EXO fan name) changed my whole perspective of this world- where colorful opportunities brought me. Honestly, They act as my medicine through all my problems whenever I am stressed on tons of projects, assignments, quizzes, arguments with my classmates and so much more as it helped me cope up my stress towards these things. It was such a blessing to have them by listening to their music, supporting their performances, buying their albums, voting for them/nominating for them during awards, watching and streaming their music videos, concerts, reality shows, award ceremonies, v-live, live shows, and so much more. Thank you guys for motivating and bringing me all the way here! You guys will always be my “best-inspirational-motivational-medicine-stress reliever” people I will always support on! How I wish to be popular as you guys but I think being an avid fan is already enough as you guys brought some positivity in my life!
To all students who are a Kpop fangirls/fanboys/ multi-fandom. I just want to tell you guys that being a fan of your favorite group is not a problem as long as you take them as a positive thing in life. Also, you guys must know your priorities. They can be your everything in your own ways but take it as inspiration that will make you successful! If someone bashes you just because you are a fan, Don’t let them affect you! JUST DO IT!
Here are some of my inspirational quotes from our fellow EXO and TWICE members that has a memorable message to me:
“No matter how difficult and hard something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot” – Park Chanyeol of EXO
“I will only show you… The world reflected in your eyes… I won’t leave you alone.” – Im Nayeon of Twice
“Efforts won’t betray you, Just try your best without impatience and you will get a good result” – Chou Tzuyu of TWICE
“Whenever we look back, we can’t help but smile we will never to forget those times.” – Kim Jong In of EXO
“If you’re not good at studying, don’t even think about liking me. EXO may seem like the most important thing in the world to you right now, but in a few years, you’ll regret it. Focus more on your studies than us and meet us again proudly in the future. ” -Kim Jong In of EXO
Thank you, UST for this amazing opportunity!
I will be signing off on this university, and getting ready for a new chapter in life!
Karl Ericson D. Co
Thomasian (soon to be Benildean)
Health Allied Student (Section: 12HA-8)
Future Pastry Chef
ONCE and EXO-L
Before the graduation day, I also made some character macarons for my friends! Likewise, I also made some Tiger macarons as a tribute to my journey at the University. Never would I thought that this would bring a lot of amazing and roaring memories of my journey! Once again, Thank you UST! for this 2 years of my journey! I will never forget this chance of a lifetime!
Here’s to my recipe of my Tiger Macarons, Feel free to check my full recipe down below if you are interested
For the Paste:
150g of almond flour
150g of icing sugar
110g egg whites (divided for the meringue and paste)
Yellow and Black Food Coloring
For the Syrup:
150g of granulated sugar
40g of water
Filling of your choice
Procedure: (Prep Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F, Prepare two baking trays lined with parchment paper or Silpat
2. In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour and icing sugar. Add half of the egg whites. Mix the mixture until it forms into a paste.
3. In a large saucepan, Place in the sugar and the water. Mix the mixture until it is combined then heat the saucepan until it reaches 240°F. Meanwhile, In a stand mixer, Add the other half of egg whites then whisk until it gets foamy.
4. Once it reaches 240°F, carefully pour the mixture in the foamy mixture in a slow steady stream way. Mix for 5~10 minutes on a high speed until the meringue is glossy and can hold stiff peaks.
5. After the meringue is formed, Add ⅓ of the meringue into the paste mixture. Fold the mixture until it is incorporated. Add in the rest of the meringue mixture then fold until it is well-combined and has a semi-lava texture.
6. Divide the batter into a ratio of 8:1:1 for the colors of yellow:black:white. Add the food-coloring based on the ratio given then mix until combined
7. Place the colored batter to each piping bag, and set aside.
8. Pipe 3 cm circle-shaped macarons onto the tray. Bang the tray on the countertop to release the air bubbles and add the ears of the tiger, Let it rest for 10-20 minutes until semi-set.
9. Using the black macaron batter, add the whiskers to the tiger’s face and the eyes. Add the white batter, for the eye-details to make it more realistic
10. Let it sit for 30 minutes until the macaron shells are dry-in-touch
11. Bake the macarons for 19-23 minutes until the bottoms are set
12. Cool the macarons for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the silpat
13. Fill them with your favorite filling.
Recommendation: Let the macarons sit in the fridge for 24-48 hours, for a softer texture